not that i feel inconsequential these days, but after listening to the news all week and the hardships that others are going through - i know that any complaints, worries or problems that i have are. i have chosen to take a moment to reflect on how good i have it right now. i look at my husband and my kitties, at my home, my belongings, my healthy body (for the most part :-), my car, my jobs, my friends... all of it. i have some absolutely amazing things in my life right now.
two times “the five remembrances” which a friend gave me have entered my life this week. one time i felt compelled to read it, just because i wanted it’s message. the second time it was lying on the floor in my path as i opened the door upon returning home. realizing the universe wanted me to read it at that moment i did and i cried as i had just been thinking about missing someone who was dear to me who has passed from this life (i love you rena!). now i feel compelled to share it with you.
the five remembrances
- i am of nature to grow old. there is no way to escape growing old.
- i am of a nature to have ill health. there is no way to escape having ill health.
- i am of a nature to die. there is no way to escape death.
- all that is dear to me and everyone i love are of a nature to change. there is no escape being separated from them.
- my deeds are my closest companions. i am the beneficiary of my deeds. my deeds are the ground on which i stand.
this week’s classes:
monday, february 28 / 9:30am-10:30am @ 24 hr fit arcadia
wednesday, march 2 / 9:30am-10:30am @ 24 hr fit pasadena
thursday, march 3 / 9:30am-10:30am @ 24 hr fit dwntwn pasadena
friday, march 4 / 9:30am-10:30am @ 24 hr fit pasadena
saturday, march 5 / 8:30am-9:30am @ south pasadena class